View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 02:33 PM   #28
Kirk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyruless
Kirk - for being wise and patient, and this may sound a bit funny, but for being a teacher. I wish I had a teacher whom I can talk to about adventure games when I was wee lad.
Hello, Gillyruless--

Your comments are truly warming. Thank you.

I knew I always wanted to be a teacher, but never could anyone anticipate what this job truly means. I am a workaholic, a perfectionist, a psychotic and energetic English fanatic with a splash of something rather unknown--and smelly. Some people call me a candle burning at both ends, but I see it differently. I am constantly allowing my students to take pieces of me, wear me down, take my passion as their own--and, bit by bit, I drain. I wait to be put back together by students, by their words, their growth and their success. Those who never make it, however, take that piece of me with them; I don't really get it back. Truly, what you have said here has given me back some strength. Much needed and much appreciated.

This is also how I feel about Adventure Gamers. I will continue to be myself, push like a motha' and listen. As I have come to learn, you cannot expect a class of students to learn from you if you refuse to learn from them. The same can be said about our community at Adventure Gamers. Thanks for all you teach me.

Now go back to work!

Best,
Kirk