View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 01:26 AM   #44
Kolorabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
no no no, I messed that one up, sorry about that. What I meant to say (or should have said), was it's one of the best games ever for pc-rpg gamers. I don't divede between type of gamers, but I divide between type of games these gamers play. Someone who simply loves j-rpg (Final Fantasy, Xenogears, Star Ocean, Dragon Warrior etc etc) isn't obliged to even remotely enjoy a pc-rpg, because they're of so different flavour. If you love j-rpgs, like I do, you could consider Final Fantasy VII a bigger and better game than games in another genre that you don't like.
I see what you mean now, but it's still a little misleading. There are many japanese-style rpgs out for the PC, and the western-style rpgs are getting increasingly popular on consoles (especially the Xbox - Morrowind, Arx Fatalis and KOTOR comes to mind).
Quote:
To me, Planescape Torment will never be as good a game as Final Fantasy VII, and that's just not discussable.
Ok, fair enough (though I don't know how much you've played the game - it starts getting interesting once you get more than two characters in your party). I like both kinds of rpg's, just like I pretty much like all other genres, and P:T is one of the best games I've ever played, regardless of genre.