Thread: Evil Twin
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 06:59 AM   #9
Henke
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
winXP has a compatibility mode built into the operating system, if you rite click on the executable (not the shortcut) go to properties. you will then see a tab for compatibility mode. select winME or 98. it changes some of the perimeter the game uses so it will run like it's on the OS you selected, it will not always work so don't get your hopes up to high.
Thank you, I owe you one. I tried Win 98 but noo, I tried Win 95 but noo, I tried Win 2000 and yes, then it worked. Well the movies don't really flow but it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMaster
Btw, did anyone notice any similarity between Evil Twin and Beyond Good & Evil? It wasn't done by the same team, but the graphics style in some places is downright the same and sometimes even the 'atmosphere' smells the same. Don't know maybe it's me, but then again it's Ubisoft.
The theme of Beyond Good and Evil was to cute for me (I haven't finished it because of that) but I think that Evil Twin's style is really cool so I don't think they are the same at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramboi
French touch, they call it
But too often it is detrimental to gameplay.

I was a PS2 coder on Evil Twin, but infortunately I can't help you with your PC technical problems, because I don't have the sources and everything anymore to recompile (and I don't know if it would be legal to release a patch)...
I would advise you to play it on PS2 or DreamCast (sorry :-/ )

Makes me remember of those days where we we're much more inexperienced than now... Since the death of the team, people have spread in lots of game companies of the nearly-dead french videogame scene... Darkworks (Cold Fear), Eugen (Act of War), Tiwak (Tork), Ubi and lots of others...

Aaaaah nostalgia
Didn't you guys made Jekyll and Hyde too? That's another game I want to get my hands on.