View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
Grey
Mad Rabbit

Default Greetings From Monkey Island (4)

Maybe I'll just stay here with Herman Toothrot and live out the rest of my days on this beautiful island paradise. And why not? Food is plentiful (if you enjoy monkey meat), and there's plenty to do as well. Boulder flinging and lava rafting never get boring.

Elaine? Who needs her? She was getting on my nerves anyway with her constant nagging. It's not the ending I anticipated, but at this point, I can easily accept it.

Honestly, what else can I do? I know my goal was to get off of this island, but in order to do that, I first need to solve a few problems. That might be easy to do, if only there were actual problems to solve. I did manage to jog Herman's memory and open a door with Timmy's help, but that's about it.

What are my short-term goals here? I was thinking maybe I need to stop the lava flow so I can access the other side of the island. Does that sound like a good idea?

What's with the rocks and the three canals? The small rocks are mysteriously transformed into huge boulders when they land. Is this a mystery that's worth investigating?

Other than those two issues, I'm stumped, and I'm growing tired of this game. I installed it on May 1st, but frequently leave it alone for days or weeks at a time simply because I'm all out of ideas, and the "try everything with everything" approach is too tedious in a game with so many red herrings.

No spoilers please, just point me in the right direction if you can.