View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 02:12 PM   #17
Sly Boots
Master of Time and Space

May contain spoilers.

What I meant by 'novelesque' is that a more detailed version of the game's story could have been a great novel (it uses a lot of narrative techniques). The NPC's are all alter-egoes of Kate one way or the other, and the whole game is full of symbols. It feels like an allegory, and you can feel the way Kate changes throughout her journey. This is the only game that doesn't resort to the good vs. bad clichee (I'm talking about the first one). It's all about Kate and her transformation, her 'death', as Trep very well put it.
When I said evolution I was talking about the story, not gameplay. It's very deep and full of implications. Sokal was trying to make a point and he did. I'm no expert so I'm not going to say I understood it and you didn't. It's just so difficult and meaningful, like nothing I ever seen in a game before. It was just different.
That's the way I feel about it. That doesn't mean it's any good, just that it touched me like no other game. It's not my favourite game, but if all games were books, it would definately be my favourite book.
Playing: Omikron: The Nomad Soul Next: Sanitarium Replaying: QFG IV: Shadows of Darkness, Grim Fandango, Syberia Waiting for: Max Payne 3, Deus Ex 3, American McGee's OZ, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Fahrenheit, Anachronox 2 (if they ever make it)