View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004, 02:07 AM   #72
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
is the first KOTOR better played on PC or Xbox? How exactly is the RPG skill system implemented, do you have to do the typical allocation of points to various skills and such?
It looks better on the PC if you set it up right, if you go too high res though the interface gets a bit small. The 'map' is just as useless on the PC as on the xbox. It doesn't play any different though.

Stat/RPG wise Kotor is too easy, its so easy you can tell it to level up for you and it will do a decent job. Because the game is easy. Spend a little time 'levelling' up in KOTOR and you'll realise the game requires very little of your attention. Pick a soldier or a scoundrel, pick a guardian or a consular. Middle ground is pointless, ignore it. A damn shame because scouts have the coolest outfit right down to their underwear. I played through the whole game as Coffy, a black female scout in just her 1970s swimsuit)

The only stats you need worry about are dex, wisdom and a tiny bit of charisma. If you're a good guy you should play a saber monkey (dex), if you're a bad guy you should play as a force blaster (wis/cha). But you don't have to, because the game is easy. It could almost be an adventure game if not for the absolute lack of inventory puzzles and annoying (too easy and too frequent) fight scenes.

I have high hopes for Kotor 2, and not one of them is remotely related to how the game looks. I couldn't give a rats arse how blocky some npc's face is so long as I get to actually use skills to decent effect and have a grab bag of more interesting force powers... all signs point to 'YES' so far.