View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 07:00 AM   #39
nordic_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja
The main point is I don't care about the name, I won't make a mistake buying a game. As I belive we all won't. So... It's not important. It would be if I had only the name of the game to excite me (luckily I don't). As far as people making a mistake while buying, that's just because their sloppy. And if you're sloppy, and don't do your homework, well... TOO BAD! After all it's your money...
I was actually replying to someone who asked (and I quote)
Quote:
what is in a name anyway?...i mean, if the legend of zelda was instead dubbed "big sword exploration dungeon cluster**** fantastic" i still would have bought and enjoyed it...come to think of it that is not a bad title after all
Saying
Quote:
I'm not an expert on this, but I would assume that a name means a lot when it comes to sales.
I did not point this reply directly at you, so I don't get why you're telling me why the name change doesn't matter to you. I wasn't discussing that. I don't mean to sound rude, but I just can't see the continuation here...

The main point is that I would think a name has a lot to say when it comes to marketing and sales (regardless of wether you'd buy it or not).