View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 01:25 PM   #60
Sly Boots
Master of Time and Space

Well, as you can see in my signature, I'm currently playing a totally non-violent arcade game - Ballance, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
In this (2004) game you have to guide a ball through 12 different puzzles. It's 3D and with a good physics engine. The thing that gets you addicted is the fact that by playing it you end up identifying yourself with the ball, and when the ball falls you can feel it in your stomach (at least I do).

As for FPS's, sure HL2, Doom 3 and others are great when it comes to graphics and physics, but Deus Ex 1 's perfect story-gameplay combination won't be matched. After all, these two games are still kill'em all games, while in DX you actually have a CHOICE. Hitman can also be mentioned, but by some reason I couldn't play those games.
Playing: Omikron: The Nomad Soul Next: Sanitarium Replaying: QFG IV: Shadows of Darkness, Grim Fandango, Syberia Waiting for: Max Payne 3, Deus Ex 3, American McGee's OZ, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Fahrenheit, Anachronox 2 (if they ever make it)