View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 10:07 AM   #7
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleto4_ryan
Well Remi, interesting article. I can't say i have seen anything like that.
I understand what you are going into and i agree to some degree but i believe you are making it look bigger than it looks like.
I mean, can you ask from platform games to not have enemies to jump onto? What can the char do, go and shake their hands? Or in rpg's, the whole point from the pen and paper times is to "kill and level up"...
We can't ask from some games to not include "violence", as their mechanisms are not around that thing but they surely have it in them.
Adventures on the other hand (as you said) can be totally unviolent.

Yes you are right but your ideas for most of the games cannot happen. But yes there can be "other" games with no violence and more interaction dialogues and "facade" like

Oh and something else, sometimes its not the violence but the form that it takes in the game and how realistic it is.
You know sometimes I felt like your article was balancing really dangerously towards censorship, not that you inclined it, but I just felt that
I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I also love the violent games and I'm just looking for other stuff in addition, not instead of.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright