View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 03:06 PM   #8
Maquisard
Citizen of Bizarro World

Great, now I can finish my ramble about what I would wanna see in Jedi Knight 3.

First of all, the objects you can interact with using force push/pull or grasp wouldn't be prescripted, or ruled by whether the object is human or not. The physics engine would calculate the mass of the object, your Jedi's power, and thus see whether you can push it, pull it, or even raise it up and fling it around. I also feel these basic functions shouldn't be limited to "push forward/pull toward" but that there should be an innovative, mouse controled way of wielding the force in many directions. Kinda like what was done with the grasp function at the 3rd level of strenght in JK2, but applied to more of the force powers. I see visions of flinging objects at opposing Jedi, like Vader did at Luke. Also, traps that the designers left lying around for you, that you can manipulate to your advantage, a la Half Life 2 (if you've seen the trailers)

Second, I want to see the vehicle segments expanded to include space dog-fighting. Remember when Vader said "the force is strong with this one"? How does that look when you are the one wielding it? Imagine applying all the powers you have to space combat: force speed for better control of the fighter and avoiding incoming fire, force push for diverting incoming projectiles, mind control for confusing the pursuers, or even having one of them fight on your side. This sounds fun enough, that it could even work as a stand-alone game, where you not only upgrade your ship, but learn new powers as you progress. "Star Wars: Jedi Starfighter", anyone? Maybe, maybe not.

Those are my prime wishes for the next gen Jedi game. What do you guys think? What would you wanna see?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem