View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 11:36 AM   #4
ConcreteRancor
No justice. Only me.

I played through the demo until I lost count of how many times before I finally got the game. It is indeed impressive, but after you get the saber the game becomes a lot easier. After I got it, the only times I used another weapon were when I a) went up against an AT-ST, or b) when I had to use the Disruptor Rifle to pick someone off from a distance. Other than that, the saber's the way to go.

By the way, Jedi Academy is a fun diversion too, with some memorable moments. There are more vehicles to ride besides the AT-ST, like a swoop bike and a tauntaun, which is more fun than it sounds. (Although the swoop bike gives me horrible flashbacks of the swoop level in Shadows of the Empire.) The best part is later in the game when you get a lightstaff or dual sabers. I went the dual-saber route since I've thought that two lightsabers were the coolest thing ever since I fought Boc in Jedi Knight. ("You're an angry one, aren't you?")

And personally, I think that the final battle (either one, light side or dark side,) is a lot better than the final battle in Jedi Outcast. Desann used the slow, strong, "Vader Style," whereas the final opponent in Jedi Academy, (either one,) uses Darth Maul-style attacks.

Spoiler:
Since this is spoiler territory, I'm going to say that Kyle uses wrestling holds on you if you get too close, which is awesome. And Tavion has a flaming sword, which rocks. Not a lightsaber, a physical sword which is on fire. Tavion's a LOT harder, too.