View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 04:50 AM   #7
Toefur
More slaw!!!

I think that's quite a reasonable number, actually. Certainly it's an indicator that there is an interest in the game. Of course, I don't know how much the game would have cost to make, so maybe they'd need to sell millions to break even.

Still, a conservative conversion of visits to sales [If it were to become available] is about 750 (1.5%) of those visitors would purchase the game. With something as niche as S&M and the particular site in question, though, I would consider 3-5%+ (at least) of those as people that would actually buy the game as a realistic estimation.

Sell the game at $50, there's $75,000, no mean feat for sure, but this site is only for people actively [and I stress the word actively] looking for S&M and it's cancellation, so there would at least be a considerable amount of non hardcore fans that wouldn't visit the site, but would consider buying the game.

To jump from 3% of sales from how many people visited the website, to say... a total of a minuscle 12,000 (How's that for a randomly selected number), there's at least $600,000 [If sold at $50] and that's got to go someway to covering a lot of costs, and I would expect 12,000 to be a considerably low estimate of sales anyway.

Specious, I know... but as the OP suggested, it could possibly be a marketable, profitable game to an independant developer/publisher.