View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 06:44 PM   #45
Dujodu

eriq, those screenshots are good, that is pretty much what I meant by "kick up the detail a notch." And for me I think getting a style like yours to look good would be really hard, I envy you. to make use 'pixel art' is very precise, if something doesn't look right you just have to move the pixel a bit until it works. It is pretty time consuming, that tiny room took me many an hour, but I think by doing it more I would get faster. I'm not sure about the interface, probably standard point & click. If I could pull it off I think the dialog screens would break out of isometric view and go closer to get a better view of the characters. if I do it in flash, then it wouldn't be fullscreen, if I do it in AGAST it would be full screen.

Dylan - Yeah, you are right about the terminology... I just said it because I knew a lot of people would instantly recognize it by that term. I don't think building a simple adventure engine would be hard to do in flash, and the game would probably get more exposure if you could play it with the flash plug-in that almost everyone has. Also I know ActionScript better than the custom scripting languages, even though it probably wouldn't be a big problem to learn them.

Mares - Yeah, I pretty much just used a one pixel brush tool in photoshop and had at it.