View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 11:09 PM   #15
Maquisard
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
Yea, I thought so too. Thanks!

Do you do backgrounds? There are so many talented people on these boards. You'd be surprised the stuff that some of these guys crank out. I, myself, am a pretty slow (but meticulous!) artist.
I've tried myself out at doing backgrounds. You can see some of my practice work at my game-art album. Hopefully the link works. The pics aren't nearly as refined as your stuff. I have some talent, but am too lazy to invest much time in developing it.

But anyway:
-the "dasa" (ignore the Serbian pic names) picture was done entirely on the computer in 340x200 res (nostalgia + convenience). I played around with the lighting effects, a bit too much. It's my earliest effort.

-"garazafin" is my first (edit: change that to latest) attempt at coming up with a reproducible technique--pencil, ink, scan, color, light shade & texture. It took me about 4 hours out of one day. If I ever actually put myself down to working on a game, this amount of time almost sounds bearable, and the results are acceptable as well.

Is there a game you're developing in which that wonderful background will be featured?
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem

Last edited by Maquisard; 06-19-2004 at 10:31 AM.