View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #169
ozzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkshow View Post
ozzie,

It's clear CJ & AC got the message and are checking into alternatives. So be patient until an official response is given. If I made a game, I'd want some kind of protection, with piracy being so rampant. Not sure why folks like you don't understand that. I'm sure everyone wants the new Tex game to be very successful so that future installments will be made. That won't be the case if every other player doesn't pay for it.
Piracy is rampant, deal with it. I pledge again (just canceled) when they dealt with the issue favorable to me, but I don't like to be treated that way when I help them to fund their damn game! Maybe other like to! If they want to fight piracy they should find measures that don't hurt their customers and are actually effective against piracy. Just including some ineffective DRM scheme so they can sleep better at night and worry less about all the dirty pirates, no, I'm not going to support that.

Amanita Design (Machinarium) and CD Projekt (The Witcher 2) also deal with piracy. And yet they don't hamstrung their products with DRM. And they're still in business! It's a small wonder! I wonder how they did that! Bah...

Last edited by ozzie; 05-16-2012 at 01:59 PM.