View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #163
Kolorabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
That's a stupid decision. They're going to antagonize the (small but extremely vocal) anti-DRM crowd and create a bad vibe around their project, in exchange for a copy-protection system that'll get cracked within 10 minutes and won't get them a single extra sale.
Agreed. To me, the worst thing isn't the DRM (hey, I would prefer it it on Steam anyway), but the negativity it'll create. Look at the GOG-forum for instance. People who were talking about pledging $500 are suddenly completely disinterested just because of this. And in the grand scheme of things (A NEW TEX MURPHY GAME!!!!), what DRM-scheme they use (if any) really is a minor thing.

And yeah, what happened to the SpaceVenture kickstarter is scary. I think Tex is less well known than Space Quest, which has the whole Sierra brand backing it. Now that the diehard Tex Murphy fans have donated so generously, it's up to the rest of the gaming community to make sure the same thing doesn't happen here. I'm not opening my bottle of champagne just yet...