View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #159
maladroid
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

I hear you, Fien. People got really excited that the 100k milestone was reached so easily but that was to be expected given the fact that this campaign had been announced almost two months ago and the more devoted fans were anxiously waiting for it to go live, then donated all together. Tex Murphy is not a very relevant brand name in the games' industry anymore and if this starts crawling it will have a hard time picking up again. I hope word starts spreading like wildfire so at least the fans of the originals will hear about it and come running (the people who played Tex during his prime or discovered him through GOG later on surely are many many more than 1.400?).

Good thing they have that great pitch video on their side, I've watched it about four times already and it never gets old. Chris Jones still got it and the diner idea was a real treat too. I just wish they had put some more effort into their accompanying text below it, it feels seriously lacking and barebones. Why not mix it up with a couple of bolded topics (like Story, Gameplay, Technology, Branching Narrative, etc.) and some sexy pics of the previous games to spice things up and give people something to look at and absorb outside the video? From their various interviews and scattered info that was leaking through all these years, I gather that the main story is already in place for some time now, why just keep it vague as in "Tex's greatest story yet" and not give some particulars for people to chew on?

Anyway, I went for the $100 tier but I might consider squeezing in 50 more to get that collectible shot glass (which I will probably never use) at some point. Go Tex!

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora