View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #16
diego

Part 4: "A Handful of Riddles"

Inspecting the fountain after the incident, Samuel notices something

and odd footprints as well. Was it left by Morris? After a while, I noticed I can finally go down to the cellar.

I have two choices - to dive, or drain the fountain.

I can drain it from the cellar. But not before the valve puzzle:

Neither do I, Samuel. Luckily, I managed to get it done somehow.

It's getting weirder - another sign!

Along with the key, most probably for that box in the Greenhouse.

Unfortunately, no bill of exchange in here. But I've found the letter - Apparently, Henry had some knowledge on Morris' shady past and his wine stealing. Before I visit the doctor, I should interrogate and press Morris.

Let's visit the Doctor now - but not after I turn on the lights

(I have a strange urge to twinkle with light switches in games)

Spooky.

Dr. Frankenstein?

Spookier and spookier! Doctor, you could have at least washed the floor! Anyway, it seems like Hermann is hiding something, although he informs Samuel on the bizarre fact that the body was drained of any blood. Also, he doesn't want to give the bill of exchange. Samuel tries the old trick

But no dice. We'll have to get rid of the doctor somehow and search for it.

In the meantime, we can search the garbage. The bigger one is locked, but there's a letter in the other one.

And another jigsaw. This one was easier:

Hmmm... R? Robert, perhaps?

Back in the village. Finally, we meet Murray. Let's try to get that object without the bill:

No way, Jose. The ol' man Murray is so strict to the laws, that he reminds me of that bus driver in Quick Change.

And I'm stuck once again. Let's see if I missed something back at the manor

Samuel doesn't mention the letter to Robert. Perhaps it wasn't him.

I guess I'll have to go back to Doctor's house and find the way to distract him somehow. By the way - I actually enjoyed the sudden change in the "direction" the authors went with - until this point, the game would "forbid" you to travel between places until you're done at one of them (which seemed ok, too) but now it was just like in Monkey Island where you visit islands at your will.

Doctor fancies an intercom.

BTW, the posters on the right are from John Ford's The Informer and The Navigator:

Let's sneak behind the Doctor

Hmmm... And what would happen if I just took the key?

Oh, yeah - the all-seeing Doctor. Back at the pub

Finally - bribery pays off. I managed to persuade Mark to help me distract Hermann.

Few moments later, Mark arrives and is talking with the Doctor upstairs.

Nice pun, Sam!

I finally got hold of the bill. Also, Samuel refuses to take the key but I've made the imprint of it. Who can make a key out of it?

Who else than Mark? Also, back at Doctor's, I've developed those photos.

But now - the key is ready, so let's open the container in front of Doctor's house.

What is this? Also, in the pocket I've found the final piece to a mystic object - the diamond. I think I should visit the church now

Finally someone who recognizes me. Let's move to a locked area:

...and insert the stone object. The altar appears, along with the mechanical puzzle:

I actually enjoyed figuring this one out. After a while, the secret passage beneath the carpet is activated

It's pitch-dark in here. I know you can't die in this game*, but something tells me I should save it anyway.

(yeah, I'm not too creative when it comes to save file names)

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!

Last edited by diego; 05-16-2012 at 05:51 AM.