View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #101
teme

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
This has simply been the most exciting few months for adventure games that I can remember. It is literally the revival we've been waiting for. I don't think adventure games ever died. Mainstream developers and publications simply focused more on other genres, but we kept the spirit alive and so did the dedicated developers. Now we don't need to care about all those publisher and business roadblocks. The developers don't need to pitch their ideas and make promises about sales. They can simply interface directly with the fans and provide the product they envision in their own preferred fashion.
I couldn't agree more... I can't remember when I have been this excited about upcoming games. Especially Jane's Kickstarter has been like my gaming dream came true - just a new game by Jane would have been enough, but in addition I'm getting all sorts of interesting goodies, 'inside view' to the developing process, artwork, music, interviews, beta testing, community... it's more than I could have asked for.

Last edited by teme; 05-16-2012 at 02:58 AM.