View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #7
marcd2011

I've played Destination: Treasure Island now, and overall i enjoyed it. The graphics were fairly nice and the puzzles were clever without being too obtuse apart from on a couple of occasions. I had to look at a walthrough once because i was stuck not knowing what to mix with water in the forge and it turned out i'd missed picking up both of the other ingredients so i never would have figured that out by myself!

I found the inventory quite annoying though, with the pointless "transition" area and the assembling and disassembling of certain objects multiple times during the game (although i loved this gameplay mechanic when used sparingly), and it wasn't until fairly late in the game that i realised there was more than one page of items!

The game also had some severe technical problems in Win 7 x64 with everything on the screen flickering wildly when in fullscreen mode. I fixed it by playing the game in Windowed mode and using a program called Game Companion to make the window borders go offscreen and make the window fit the screen.

I've also been playing Myst V. I started off really liking it, but the more i play of it, the more it just seems like random environments with ridiculously obtuse puzzles and i've had to consult a walkthrough just to find out what the hell i'm even meant to be trying to achieve, let alone how to achieve it. I gather the Myst series is known for this though, so i'm sure that style of game must appeal to some.

Next up is either Nostradamus or Dracula Path Of The Dragon. I'm expecting similar graphical issues but at least i have a fix