View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #71
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme View Post
I think it's rather annoying that they didn't wait few more days for Jane's Kickstarter to end (they knew about it when they announced May 15th).
I understand your feelings but I don't think any stepping on toes is intentional, I see it happen where big charity donation drives for gaming marathons overlap or collide with each other just because its a convenient time for both of them to start and they don't really mean to compete directly or anything. It might be tricky if each Kickstarter had to wait for each other considering the duration of an average campaign.

But on the upside there might of been some people who had this campaign as a personal priority and after they've seen the amounts for rewards and donated, they may move onto Jane's (whereas if it had ended after they might of held out without knowing what budget they'd need for the reward tier they want). Example from another Adventure Gamers thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkshow View Post
Tex Murphy priority one for me. Then Jane [...]
The guys behind Tex Murphy have donated towards Jane's Kickstarter and have been in contact with her, they are very supportive of each other. They've both agreed to promote each other according to this post which I think is awesome, they're all great people

Tex Murphy campaign starts tomorrow, woohoo!

Last edited by Rin; 05-14-2012 at 12:56 AM.