View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #67
Toefur
More slaw!!!

Good to see some fellow fans as excited as me.

The money is an interesting predicament. I can't see many projects raising as much as the likes of Double Fine and Wasteland, but presumably Tex will need quite a bit of funding. We have really popular and mainstream games like Larry just getting 650k, and Space Quest aiming for 500k. Pinkerton Road has struggled to get much above 300, and if I talk to gamers I know most have heard of Larry and Space Quest, but none of Gabriel Knight, and especially not Tex Murphy.

The other thing is, some of these projects say thry'll need in the order of 100k + to add another static background or two... Whereas as Tex to add anything, will be full 3D scenes plus FMV...

I'm not actually that worried though, as I am fairly confident that Chris Jones has put a lot more thought, planning and preparation than what has gone into the other Kickstarter projects.

The other thing is, I believe they were already planning some form of Tex Game with the money made from their casual games, and hope to use Kickstarter to help make it a bigger and better project.

Just a few more days to go