View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #1722
Siddhi

Gemini Rue - 5/5

Wow! This is an incredible game. Very story driven, and what a story! It would make a great movie actually.

Traditional adventure with mostly inventory puzzles. The inventory puzzles themselves are quite easy - I finished this game without a walkthrough.

The graphics are very beautiful in a retro looking pixel art style. One downside was that there were a couple of times when I missed a small object, but when I took a break and came back I spotted them immediately. The sound and music were perfect for setting the atmosphere.

Even with the relatively easy puzzles, it took me about 10 hours to complete. There are a few combat scenarios which are not too difficult, but I did die twice in combat. The game autosaves before any dangerous point, so its not much of an issue if you die.

I also liked that the whole game takes place in the same set of locations. I really prefer this style compared to moving to a new set of screens after every few puzzles.

I liked the use of the terminal to type searches to find info. The Blackwell games as well as the Nancy Drew game that I played (previous post) used this mechanic and its something that I've really liked.

The game also has sections where you have a companion whom you can control. A few puzzles make you work together with the companion to get ahead.

Overall, this is a must play game!