View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #20
marcd2011

just played Abandoned - Chestnut Lodge Asylum too. Not a bad game, but certainly not standout. There are hardly any interactive spots in each scene, infact some rooms just have one object to pick up and then there's nothing else to click on except the exit. The biggest problem is that the graphics are awful. When it gave me the option of using high resolutions like 1400x1050 i thought that would mean higher quality than most HOGs which are stuck at 1024x768 but it was far worse than any other i've played with really jagged edges to everything. I can only describe it as looking similar to vertical interlacing. It made some HOGs quite difficult as some small objects were just a mess of pixels.

Currently playing The Agency Of Anomalies - Cinderstone Orphanage, which i am liking a lot. The story is interesting, it has some original gameplay mechanics, it has a lot of puzzles, and the HOGs are some of the most inventive i've ever seen. You actually have to solve puzzles within some of the HOGs, and i don't mean the old combine two objects to create an object on your list trick, i mean they have ones where you have to put objects into the scene, and you might have to use one of these objects to open up a new bit of the scene to allow you to use another. Can be a bit frustrating when the object in question is fairly random, like a "ribbon" or a "wooden ball" but most will make you smile when you figure them out.