View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #114
Chrono-Serge

I'll admit some possible bias, in that I am a big fan of the Space Quest games. In fact, I consider it to be my personal favorite adventure game series. I thought that the intro to the kickstarter video was quite sleek and well done, and I think that the Two Guys did a fine job in pitching their game, but people should keep in mind that they are game designers, not actors. They probably don't really have any experience in front of a camera, so maybe they don't come off as real charismatic here, but it's what they put into their games that counts, and not how they come across on video.As for the information given on the game's kickstarter page; I think that it is no less descriptive or specific than anything given in the Wasteland or Double Fine Adventure kickstarters.

Also, the game is in pre-production at this point, and that means that there couldn't possibly be much concrete information about plot and characters yet. Also, I do not see why they should be expected to expand their pitch to people who did not like Space Quest, or did not play them. Their target audience is obviously mainly people who are fans of their previous work, or more broadly, the Sierra style of adventure games. Some people do not like those games, and that is perfectly fine, but it just a matter of personal taste, and they are not obligated to change their game to appeal to everyone's different sensibilities. They should make a game that sticks to their own vision, and while their can be compromises, it shouldn't sacrifice its own integrity, in order to be attractive to everyone.