View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #31
Agustin
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Agustin, so if you no longer give people the right to pay money for your creation, you automatically give them the right to get it for free? That is absurd.
Why? I gave you my reasoning. What's yours?

I say it again: you must give people an option to acquire your work. Sell it or give it for free, but ensure its availability. Right now a copyright holder has no such responsibility. Allow me to illustrate with another example:

The Sound produced some of the most amazing records in the 80's. They were never commercially successful though, so they still remain mostly unheard of. Yet many critics agree they were just as important as Joy Division or Echo & the Bunnymen. Trust me on this one: their records are pure gold.

Two band members, including their founder, are dead now and the rights completely belong to Warner. However, Warner has consistently failed to publish those records for well over two decades.

Simply put: this is nothing short of a crime. The copyright holder isn't even trying and The Sound remains condemned to oblivion. The system has failed, therefore the system must change.

People has the right to listen to The Sound. And it's just as important as the right Warner holds right now.