View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #93
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcj View Post
Saying stuff like their pitch is bad or you weren't a fan of Space Quest or sci-fi in general so you don't give a darn is not constructive. No one cares that you don't care. If you're not a fan, why talk about it?

I'm all for positive criticism but as mentioned a lot of what's been said in this thread comes across as whining.
Uum, I'm not sure if you're replying to me or not, but I mentioned this specifically. Why shouldn't the kickstarter also try to appeal to non-fans?

What some people are saying in their "I didn't like the pitch" or "I didn't like the games I want something new" could just as well be "I watched this pitch for a new AG (a genre I'm really interested in) and it didn't grab me or make me interested."
(please notice the "could". I'm talking hypothetically, NOT putting words in people's mouth)
While it is not said in a constructive way, I still think is is valuable for AG designers to see what people react negatively to and why people who love the genre are not intrigued by their game/pitch.

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Last edited by Panthera; 05-09-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: cleaned up the language