View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #83
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe View Post
Am I the only one who finds it disturbing that they offer free wallpapers in three entirely outdated resolutions? Shouldn't there be limits to nostalgia?
Actually, the first thing I said to my boyfriend when I looked at the kickstarter was (after, "apparently the space quest guys' kickstarter launched today") their highest resolution wallpaper is 1280? And they're offering a 800x600 one? What kind of pc's do they think we have?"

I gave to Double Fine because I've played and sort-of enjoyed their latest games, so even if the game turned out to be a new casual thing like Stacking, it wouldn't be revolutionizing but I would have fun. I only bought the pre-order level anyway, so it was nothing different than pre-ordering their game through normal channels.
Jane Jensen got my 50 bucks when she announced the second game, before that I was in at the 30$ reward, because I found Gray Matter entertaining enough to be interested in another game from her. But if she hadn't worked on her kick-starter campaign like she did, with the poll, the game concepts, protagonist and lots of other info, I might not have been confident enough to increase to a higher level (also she's doing dark and dramatic, and I've always preferred dark and gritty over comedy).

2 guys from Andromeda I know nothing about, I haven't played the old games and the kickstarter gave me no info about what they're planning to do, what kind of adventure they're going for (3 person, 2d? real 3d?), or what kind of story I can expect.
If Tex launches with so little info as well, I'll probably be just as skeptical, but Tex gets quite a bit of benefit from me actually knowing and having played the games.

I do not think criticizing them for targeting only old space quest fans is overly harsh, it's more a reaction from not finding a "home" with the current campaign..

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery