View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #75
Gonchi
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
Yeah to me, complaints about these pitches not being specific enough sound like: "i wanna see the finished game before the kickstarter starts"
Which is exactly what tim schafer has talked about being a big problem with publishers. Publishers want to see one strip of the finished painting, when the creative process has you painting all over the place to build a vision.

The fact that the space guys are offering a demo at all at this stage goes waay above and beyond the call of duty. (and quite frankly, its risky)
Wait, what? It's late and I'm tired, so my reading comprehension isn't as sharp as it could be, but did you really just compare gamers that aren't gushing blindly at every kickstarter that pops up as being as bad as a publisher?

I love the Two guys as much as any other Space Quest fan, but that doesn't change my opinion that they've shared very little about this new IP and have so far done a fairly weak job at pitching it at anyone, adventure gamer or not, that isn't already familiarized with them and Space Quest.