View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 PM   #18
marcd2011

So i've played Haunted Halls - Green Hills Sanitorium, House of 1000 Doors - The Palm of Zoroaster and Shiver - Poltergeist in the past 2 days and they were all fairly decent.

Shiver was the best in terms of story and style, but the HOGs were very easy in it and there weren't a lot of mini-games in it at all, infact i'm trying to think back if there were actually any mini-games, but the three games have sort of blended together in my head. There were a lot of inventory puzzles in it however, so it's probably the closest thing to a non-casual adventure. There was even a bit of inventory combining which is unusual for a casual adventure, but other times inventory items combined themselves without your input.

I didn't enjoy Green Hills Sanitorium as much, possibly because of it's age, but it didn't really have a lot of imagination to it and only took me an evening to complete, but it was ok. The HOGs were a bit annoying sometimes in this one, with poor hit zones for the objects, so i'd have clicked on something, had no reaction, and then been wasting time looking for something i'd actually already found. One HOG in particular was very annoying because the item to find was "mushroom" but it was the word mushroom written in grey on a grey pipe. Completely invisible even when i put my face right up to the screen.

House of 1000 Doors 2 was a bit boring. The first game had an interesting plot but this time there isn't really much of a plot at all. There's nothing in particular wrong with it, but in such a flooded market, this really didn't stand out.

Last edited by marcd2011; 05-10-2012 at 06:12 PM.