Thread: Three Questions
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #3681
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

The backlog was so massive I had to break it up into two separate posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
1. Is religion important to you?
2. What religion is most interesting to you?
3. How do you feel about attending a religious ceremony?
1. Not at all. I do appreciate the moral values some try to teach, but unfortunately religion has been used as an excuse to conquer or impose beliefs on others far too often.
2. Agnosticism, if you can call that a religion. It's atheism without the arrogance, imo.
3. I don't mind attending religious ceremonies (because there's always a reason why I'm there, whether that's a funera, wedding, baptism, ...). I just don't participate in any of the rituals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist
1. Why don't you listen more to (live) music? (I heard Bobby McFerrin live yesterday! It was as great as I'd expected.)
2. At what time of day do you feel the most creative?
3. (And I'll pass along one of Jelena's questions too: ) Is religion important to you?
1. Lack of time and priority of other hobbies.
2. I never feel creative, that's my burden.
3. See earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena
1. What was the last live music experience you've had? (And singing in the bath tub does not count. )
2. How do feel about getting up early in the morning?
3. What does religion mean to you?
1. Some buskers at the Meir in Antwerp. They were poor. Pun intended.
2. I hate it. I like to stay up late and sleep in.
3. It's complicated. Though it can have its uses and enrich people's lives, it's often abused and mostly leads to trouble down the road. Personally, I have no use for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa
1. Do you feel that now you get older you need walkthroughs more?

2. Does it bother you that you can not do the things anymore that you took for granted in your youth?

3. When you started your first job, did you feel the responsibility to take care of yourself financially as a burden?
1. Yes. But that's not because I'm getting worse at adventure gaming, but more because I have less time to spend playing, so I can't be bothered any more to keep trying and keep pixel-hunting and keep using everything on everything until I find the solution. Look for a walkthrough, save hours.
2. Nah. As you grow older your interests shift, so you more or less naturally move away from them. And I'm still too young to be slipping physically, so I can't say anything about that. Ask me again in 20 years.
3. Of course it was a burden. It's still a burden, and it'll always be a burden. I hate working and rather spend my time doing things I enjoy. But the paycheck is necessary to survive, so I do what is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky
1. If your life had a narrator, in what style would the narration be? (e.g. omniscient, limited omniscient, first person, etc.)
2. If the narrator of your life spoke, whose voice would they have?
3. If your life had background music, what would it be?
1. Omniscient and in the third person. A bit like Emma Thompson's narration of Will Ferrell's life in [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420223/]Stranger than Fiction[/quote].
2. Alan Rickman - British, distinguished, excellent pronounciation, and a voice you could listen to for eternity. Besides, Morgan Freeman was busy doing everyone else's narration...
3. Mostly prog-rock Ã* la Porcupine Tree, and completed with a little Counting Crows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee in Limbo
1) Do you like going outside when it's raining?
2) Do you like going outside when it's really hot and sunny?
3) So you like going outside when it's snowing?
1. No, I'm more of an indoors kind of person. You know, indoors, where it's dry.
2. No, I'm more of an indoors kind of person. You know, indoors, where it's cool.
3. No, I'm more of an indoors kind of person. You know, indoors, where it's warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumgottist
1) How would you describe the way you walk?
2) What's your relationship with dance?
3) I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. You like to...
1. I don't know. Normal? I can't see the way I walk, you know...
2. I don't like it. Mosly because I move like an ironing board.
3. ...sit behind my computer playing video games, or sit on the couch watching movies.

-----------------

New questions:

1) Wedding vows: do you prefer them traditional, non-traditional, personal, etc. and why?
2) Wedding vows: short or long? Specify.
3) What is the best moment for a speech (or other intermezzo) at a wedding party?

Bonus question:
- Guess what I've been writing today.