View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #32
In Solitude

I got an Amiga 600 in the beginning of the 90s, I was probably between 6-7 years old. We had some friends who were hardcore Amiga geeks who had contact with a big worldwide piracy ring so I always had lots of games.
Most were pirated but I also spend most of my allowences and birthday money on Amiga games. Among my favorites were the Police Quest and Larry games and Laura Bow: Colonels Bequest (I Loved that game! It had a great atmosphere) Anyway so I think I got Monkey Island when it was fairly new, pirated of course, it was the first adventure game that I played that I didnt needed to write commandos. Me and my brother played it to death but we never managed to complete it.
Since then with help of Scummv I have made it a tradition to complete it every now and then.
I bought the LucasArt remake when that came out but I was dissapointed, mainly cause of the graphics. They made it too cartoony I think, I miss the seriousness and atmosphere from the original.
But it was quite nice to play the original with the voices on.
Tales of Monkey Island I actually found to be quite good and I really dont understand the hate against Telltale games, they have made some classics, included ToMI.