View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith
I can never look down upon it because it is nothing but noble both toward users and developers.
Steam turns down lots of games by different developers at very regular intervals. Not that noble towards the developers, imo.
Steam has DRM. Any form of DRM is not that noble towards users, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolith
...so you prefer to manage that chaos and pay games at full price? Yeah, smart.
How exactly does Steam help manage my chaos? I only play games on my one PC, so I don't need a cross-platform/cross-system library and I'm quite sure I can boot up any game on my PC a lot faster if I manually go to the .exe file on my hard disk, than I could if I first had to boot up Steam and then look for the game I wanted to play.
Just use a structured directory system on your hard drive and you'll out-manage Steam and avoid chaos. And you'll be gaming without a third party program running in the background using your CPU-time and bandwidth...
Also, I'm in Europe, and Steam's pricing here is a little more expensive than elsewhere, so your "full price" argument isn't entirely valid...