View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #6
diego

Part 2: "Man from a torn photo"

Well, it wasn't "newspaper under the door" puzzle this time. I should look for the key.

They sure hadn't talk for a long time. I asked Victoria for a tower key, but she threw it away, devastated by the accident. Maybe a spare key?

No dice.

BTW, what's with the Samuel's prohibitionary attitude? Just because a man likes a little booze from time to time, he should get sacked? Hmmm...

Anyway, i feel like i'm slightly stuck for the first time. There's a golden rule in this case - talk to EVERYONE!

Aha! Here's a familiar scene, back from The Black Mirror 2. As Bates the butler has little knowledge of the key, i guess i'm definitely stuck. Let's take a breath of fresh air, maybe it will help.

Memories. I love this part of the castle. Something calm yet mysterious about it. BTW

Ok, i promise not to post any more of Phantasmagoria shots. (For a while). Let's visit the gardener.

Samuel, stop being so bossy! Back to the castle...

And into my room

Ahh, Bates, you're the best!

I failed to mention - the game does not feature hot-spot highlighter, apart from the scene exits. In a way, i've found it quite refreshing after the trends today. However, occasional pixel-hunting can give a slight headache - After a while, i managed to "hunt" down the door frame, finding a drawer key.

Samuel comments that he knew all along the key was somewhere around here. You KNEW it? Ok, here's the deal - from now on you tell me EVERYTHING you know? I've found my camera in the drawer. I see where Darren got his love for photography from. Time to inspect the "scene of a crime", with a strange red marking.

Robert says i can develop photos at Murray's. Murray? Let's visit the library.

Ahh, the library. No mystery is complete without it. I should point the lazy design here - not only that majority of the books look alike, but you can't read either of them. Oh, wait a second:

On a desk, i've found the book that chronicles parish and manor history, dating to early middle ages. Samuel actual reads loudly everything of it. Interesting - seems like the castle had quite a bit of a history and more than one fire accident, with the Academy which had burned down.

Ti ti tum tum...

I couldn't quite catch it, but the ominous looking portraits in the lobby could very well be some of those Gordon ancestors being mentioned. But enough with the history lessons. I've found out that William had a spare key in his possession, but Doctor Hermann took his belongings (it took me awhile to realize that Doctor is the very person standing in the library).

He'll arrange the parcel with William's key dispatched to me at the gate at 7 o'clock. I guess i have enough time for another tour of the castle.

Fauna around the castle is quite reach in birds, judging by the constant chirps (they seem to be small kind of birds, like sparrows. Easy to mix the sound coming from the speaker with that coming in through the window). Not much to do here, and i'm back at the castle.

BTW, the game has one of the most "evil" right mouse clicks ever - it's like "Look", but since it's working every so often, you can easily forget about it. In the fireplace, there was a ripped photo.

And you got it - JIGSAW! Hey, i don't suck at Jigsaw puzzles! Just a few easy movies, and i made a good start:

15 minutes later...

The face begins to take shape.

Later that day...

Hmm, never seen the guy. Unless

Nah. Speaking of "Indy", i've felt like Harrison Ford in "Frantic" showing photo of his wife to everyone, when i tried to obtain some info on the mysterious man:

If you go to San Francisco...

Finally. It turns out he was still a kid when William brought him to manor, but was later sent to the mental institution. I'm finally able to travel outside the castle

Willow Creek - another familiar location. Should i look for Murray?

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!

Last edited by diego; 05-07-2012 at 06:15 AM.