View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 02:08 AM   #20
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
On the other hand, I agree, but on the other... I don't. After all, I think it's a matter of style. Story can be contiunous in the series, and it adds a nice touch and cool references to predecessors. I'm the kind of person, to whom it is very important to feel welcome and 'at home' in the adventure. It's nice to have something to build on to - develop and continue the same story. Surprisingly enough, I still don't like episodic structure. Maybe it has something to do with the length of episodes. I think it disturbs too much the flow of the story as a whole.

As a conclusion - I would say that both of those have their fans.
I agree with this. It's a matter of taste to me, how I like my stories. Not that the games would not be enjoyable or playable in a "wrong" order. Same thing with TV-series and movies as I said. I just get so much more out of it and get sucked into the story so much better when I go through it properly instead of bits here and bits there.