View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #4062
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

The Cabin in the Woods - 3 / 5

Not your average horror movie. Writer/producer Joss Whedon gave this an entirely original twist. I really love the concept he came up with, as well as some of the film's humour (scaring the audience with the title card of the film is a feat!).
Still not convinced that makes it a great movie, though. Good, definitely, but great?

The Avengers - 4 / 5

Now THIS is how you handle an ensemble cast in an action movie! Michael Bay should take notes.
Everybody gets a more or less equal share of screen time and everyone gets their moment of sheer epicness. The humour was once again handled brilliantly (the jet pilot's reaction when the Hulk charges at him, and the Hulk's "puny god" moment will have you in stitches).
This film made me feel like I did during the first Iron Man film - wanting to stand up and demand more when the credits rolled. It's good. It's really good!
Also, I was really impressed with both Tom Hiddleston and Mark Ruffalo. Ruffalo's Bruce Banner is a lot closer to Bana's than Norton's, but I think he beats both of them, a really good replacement.
Anyway, if you liked any of the recent Marvel superhero movies, then you'll love this one...