View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #818
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
It's obvious they'll reach their goal, so no need to boost the campaign now. If it wasn't GK related, Jane used to say: It's a surprise, but it's not GK related.
There's always a reason to boost the campaign. Just in the last video she says that every 10 or 20k over the 300 000 makes Moebius a better game, so it's clear she won't just settle for the minimum amount. And in the beginning I highly got the feeling they were kinda hoping for 600 000.

Besides, she's been hinting about this mystery game since the beginning, and she has been far from sure about getting those GK rights, especially in the beginning.

Also, why would you expect her to say "surprise, but not GK related" when she has already said that to make GK4 she will need to prove first that they can make a quality game, and so she won't be able to make it this year?

And what else would this Gabriel Knight-related game be, aside from GK4? I highly doubt she's ruin the franchise with a spinoff, like "The Mosely Story" or "The Son of the Schattenjäger" or "The New Adventures of Grace Nakimura". Well, the only reasonable spinoffy thing could be about historical Schattenjägers but even that would be quite lame.

So I just can't see this Mystery Game X being in any way related to Gabriel. I think it's important to keep a certain rationality about this. Everything points to something different.

Last edited by UPtimist; 05-05-2012 at 06:28 AM.