View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #807
Nachtmusick

$280K with 14 days to go...no way this doesn't happen. I'm still going to keep an eye on it though.

As for remakes, I think GK1 would be relatively cheap to upgrade the graphics in the manner of Monkey Island. Upgrading anything else would be both expensive and would risk tainting the experience.

Remaking or adding to the FMV or soundtrack of GK2 would be really expensive, wouldn't it? How would they even do that? I would prefer to see that money spent elsewhere.

GK3 would benefit from a graphics upgrade. It is my personal favorite AG of all time, despite that I agree with the consensus that the 3D graphics are horrendous and tremendously off-putting. The interface and gameplay mechanics are sound, though, so I would think that any halfway competent computer animator could go through and improve textures and make other tweaks that are relatively easy to accomplish without starting from scratch.

The key element is money. The graphics in GK1 and GK3 could be vastly improved for peanuts, and Jane herself wouldn't need to spend much time on it. The stories, gameplay, and soundtrack could be (and should be) left alone.