View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #5
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

I don't think I've ever played a series in the wrong order. Definitely not when that mattered.

I mean, I've played Discworld Noir and still have Discworld 2 to play, but the order of that doesn't matter.
I've played Day of the Tentacle several times before I played Maniac Mansion. Doesn't matter either.

And I've played every game in the Larry Collection, but left most of them unfinished (because of dead ends or simply being stuck - this was mostly pre-internet). It didn't matter either.

The only King's Quest I've played is VII, but now I'm going to play V, VI and then replay (and actually finish) VII. The order won't matter either.

Basically, if the order matters, then the developers did something wrong.
All necessary exposition should be included in the intro, and the only thing one should miss is the occasional reference, but that should have no impact whatsoever in the gameplay or in how good a game is...