View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #165
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Some joining instructions. The intended meeting place is the centre of Hastings. It is sometimes known as the memorial (the War Memorial used to stand on the site), the bottom end of Havelock Road, or Wellington Place (which is the pedestrianised area next to the road). It looks like this.

For people coming by train. Coming out of the station you will see bus shelters in front of you and this building to your left.

More or less ahead you should see this, which is the way you need to go.

Unless I win the lottery and can get a sky-writeer to do it, there won't be a big red arrow on the day. Basically exit the station by the main road out, cross at the cross roads, and go straight down the road opposite. To be clear, this is the view at the crossroads of the road you should be going down. It's called Havelock Road.

For those coming by car, the easiest car park to find is on the sea-front just east of the town centre. It is opposite this magnificent edifice (which is called Pelham Crescent)

Parking for 10 hours (which should cover the day) is £6. Cross to the Pelham Crescent side after parking, turn left and go through a little tunnel to get to the meet place.

Priory Meadow, the main shopping centre, also has a car park, which marginally cheaper and open from 7am to midnight. It is a little trickier to find, but not badly signposted.

If you would prefer free parking, you'd have to travel a bit further to the meet place, but PM me and I can recommend some places.

Anyone coming by another method, let me know and I will sort out personal directions.

I have booked the meal for 5:00pm. Apart from the original meet time of 10:30am, this is the only absolutely fixed point in the day. We want to finish the meal by 7:30pm as a hen night is due in (they won't throw us out but it could get rowdy) but that shouldn't be a problem.

Any other queries, either post here or PM me.

Also feel free to post here or PM
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree