View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
lewuz
cookie monster

Daedalic has problems, Fien? Thats a small surprise. They have so many projects on hand all of the time so i was wondering how come they can afford that.

About dtp - maybe a bit sad, but i dont feel much of a loss. They lacked the focus and the vision. They've made questionable decissions and... ok, i have couple of more complaints but maybe too subjective.
Im sad about games what had to be published by dtp and might now be stuck in limbo, though. Regarding adventures - Memento Mori 2, Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, Haunted. I dont know what was the deal with game's dev and dtp (is dtp owner who partners other publishers like Lace Mamba, or did tm belongs to dev and they can find a new publ) but point of worry. Especially in case of Zerzura, which is dtps own.
Other thing im worried about is the future digital availability of their back catalogue. Like House of Tales' Overclocked and Moment of Silence. Lighthouse went bankrupt and Gamersgate dont sell their products anymore (luckily they left users games they already had obtain, Overclocked in my case. Im not sure how Adveture shop call still sell Lighthouse stuff though). Moment of Silence publishers are all bankrupt although i hope the Nordic Games, The Adventure Company label new holder would fix the availability question soon.