View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #181
Josho
Third Guy from Andromeda

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
^And i think theres a difference between saying after the fact: "we've reached amount x, so now we'l be able to do y!" versus "If people dont donate amount x, we will not add y to the story." Because thats not fair to the people who have already backed.
Zane,

I think you're attributing a subtext to our campaign that doesn't exist.

Reaching any particular pledge goal we've set *guarantees* that we can, and will, do whatever we've promised to do at that particular funding level. We reach that level, and it becomes a commitment.

Whether or not we reach any given monetary goal, do you really imagine we would intentionally hold back *anything* we can possibly afford to do?

We will absolutely, positively max out all manner of features and additions to the game until the last dollar runs out. We will include not just the features we commit to, but everything else we can afford. We *want* to put out a superior game in every aspect, and we will wring as much out of every development dollar that we can.

Let's say we only reach $600,000, but determine that we can still add the new subplot we're talking about. Of *course* we would still add it. We take pride in our work, we have pride in the shared history of the team, we are not a fly-by-night operation, and we know that the only way we'll be able to make original games with the Larry license is if we put out the best game possible.

I appreciate that an LSL1 remake is not your cuppa tea, but I also appreciate your good wishes for the project.

Josh