View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #24
Panthera
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I finished Scratches yesterday (by walkthrough). I enjoyed the story, and the ending, but that type of control system just does not work for me. Even taking away the whole "world stuck to your mouse" and having to target every door knob, I kept missing hot spots, and for several items I had to use an image walkthrough to see where I was supposed to click, as the active area was several mm below the actual object.
Might be my vision or the gamma being set too low, but I could not see that metal rod without a description going "click exactly here".

The game really managed the scary feel well (to such a degree that I refused to enter the mask room again until a walkthrough told me I had to ^^), but the Last visit add-on just made me confused. Didn't understand the whole Jerry bit (he was kind and helpful and scared for the protagonist the whole way through, he didn't deserve the shunning he got!), the ending (who was that guy?!) or the change in graphics.

Still, an enjoyable and irritating experience, I'm glad I played it

Now I think I'll either play memento mori or gabriel knight 1.
Memento Mori is installed and ready to go, and absolutely the easier one to start up, but I feel I should play GK.. Aargh, decisions!

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery