View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

I still don't understand why you've chosen the splits you have or the titles you've chosen. For example, you describe 1986 to 1993 as "The Making of the Art", as if artistic games simply stopped being made in the early 1990s and nothing in the early eras had artistic merit. The fact that this is the era you've voted for yourself, but without explaining why, makes it seem like the title is a reflection of your personal preferences rather than any sort of objective appraisal. Your amendments to your opening post don't shed any light on this. Please can you at least try to write a brief explanation of your reasons for choosing and naming each era so we can understand where the poll headings are coming from.

As for voting, you should always include an "other" option on polls. I wouldn't vote for a best era for games any more than I would vote for a best game ever. Having lived and gamed through all four eras, I think they all have their merits. Given anyone younger than their mid-20s won't have experienced the first two eras, I expect the poll to skew towards the lower two options though.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree