View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #79
Siddhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel View Post
That PA article misses the important point that we're risking our money to give a chance to creators who wouldn't be able to fund their games otherwise.
In some cases, yes. There are a few people who've been trying to get funding for years and this is their last attempt.

BUT, I get the feeling that many folks are seeing the fan response to a few campaign and thinking about kickstarter as their 1st choice. It's risk free money, and if it goes through, great - you can keep your money in the bank and transfer the whole risk to the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascovel
Indies with promisong, interesting pitches should be taken into consideration though, not just experienced developers with bussiness people on board.
Especially indie devs -- if an indie needs 10K for a project, they dont need kickstarter. Don't tell me they can't put in 10K from their own savings or raise it from friends and family. I stay clear of all these project - Anybody raising small amounts on kickstarter just hasn't tried hard enough to raise the money - and that is a warning sign about commitment in big red letters.