View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #159
harald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I'd pledged $15 (nostalgia) but this thread has finally convinced me I should cancel my pledge. They don't need my money anyway.
But why? If you're interested in the product, why not pledge? The more money they get, and the more backers they have, the better the game will be. If too many people reasoned like you, they wouldn't have reached their goal.

Naturally, you and everyone else are free to decide which projects you want to back and it's not my place to try to convince anyone what they should do with their money. I just don't get the way some people are thinking about this. "$500k for a remake, what a scam. They're probably trying to rip you off." Seriously? They're legendary old-timers of Sierra's glory days. Also, have you seen any of Paul Trowe's video updates? He looks like he's about to start crying any second. How anyone can believe this is the face of a scammer is beyond me.

At first, I just pledged to support the former Sierra folks. Now, I've upped my minimal pledge and am really excited to see what extra content they will add.