View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #16
millenia
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
One of my favorite films based on King's novel, and fav film overall is - Misery. It's a magnificent "minimalistic" psychological thriller set in one room, between two characters. If you haven't watched the film, do yourself a favor.

However, i don't see how it would translate easy to a good adventure game. Much better chance for it (pun intended) would have - It - unforgettable horror with Tim Curry molesting group of kids/adults. Both Tim Curry and Toonstruck are responsible for my coulrophobia. The reason why i think it would make a good adventure game is, beside the fact that Tim Curry is involved , is that the film itself plays kinda adventurous, something like a dark version of The Goonies.

Anyway, there're many adventure games out there not based on King's work but they could easily be - Phantasmagoria, beside a little bit of Edgar Allan Poe-esque feel to it, brings The Shining to mind as well.
Aahhh, Tim Curry.

Now that that's out, I'll just say I agree with this.