View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #20
jhetfield21

Quote:
I have played more AGs than my list, I didn't bother to list all my played games, but you're right that I have a tendency to go for the gritty, dark styles. Note that I've picked up several of my games on sale and through bundles, so I haven't bought every single one specifically because of the style.
It will always be a matter of opinion and taste, but because I started playing AGs around 2004-2005, my favourite games and styles are coloured by the first games I played.
My favourites are still TLJ, Syberia 1 and 2, Still Life, Broken Sword 1 and 2 and Secret Files: Tunguska (though I agree that Tunguska was very easy and had a simple story). Might also include Culpa Innata and Lost Horizon, but both dropped the ball on the ending.. hmm.. I seem to have that complaint about most of the AGs I've played..
It wasn't exactly my point that you only play that kind of games,what i said was purely based on the list of games you wanted to play.I do this myself.The games I play tend to be of a certain type every now and then.After I picked up Scratches for instance,I also played Dark Fall 2 and 3 next and had amnesia and a couple more games in my list at the time.Afterwards my mood changed because I got Yesterday.Then I got Stroke of Fate Operation Valkyrie(not the same with Yesterday in art style but 2D with 3D models...).And then there was Alternativa(again 2D with 3D models).I just thought that it would be best for you to play those you wrote in your list first and then try for the rest.

Quote:
And please guys, I'm a girl, it says so in my description *points at profile picture*.
Sorry about that.....

Lastly...about SL2....the guys are right.If you play it with SL1 in mind it's disappointing.If you play it like it's different then it's another story.Then it's ok,another adventure.Though there are more timed events and deaths in it than Sinking Island so between them I'd choose the latter.Which reminds me....the timed events in Sinking Island are more like checkpoints in the overall time.I didn't really have a problem with it.A couple of times I was having a conversation and he interrupted it to go have a snack(damn......let's go through all those flloors again to the 21st) but other than that it was ok.I only had to use a walkthrough a couple of times because I would find answers to the puzzle pieces more believable when they weren't the right ones.You could only progress with specific materials,declerations,prints and pictures.So finding those you needed was kind of difficult at times.Sometimes other declerations seemed to be enough for the puzzle piece but weren't.

Last edited by jhetfield21; 04-27-2012 at 12:00 AM.