Thread: Botanicula
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 02:36 PM   #70
cbman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Well muscimol would certainly explain the dreamlike qualities of the game, in addition to a number of other substances.

Or they're just imaginitive, creative individuals. People who lack those qualities always seem to believe that others must get it from drugs.

Actually, the game can (and i'm sure has been) created simply through observation (there's nothing stranger, that we can conceive, than nature, and the things it creates) and an artistic sensibility. Plus meticulous care of course.

I've been playing for a few hours and the game is fantastic. A masterpiece. I'm struggling to find areas where i wouldn't score it 5 out of 5. As people have noted, it's somewhere between Samorost and Machinarium, and probably better than both in terms of its overall realization. There really has been some fantastic games released the last few years, though I guess those who think every point and click game should be a carbon copy of a Lucas Arts game fail to notice.

The way amanita are selling the game shows that they have a real business nous too. They are becoming the Lucas Arts of the 2010s; easily the most exciting AG dveloper right now, alongside Frictional Games.