View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
threerings
Adventure Gamer for Life

Default Running Perry Rhodan on laptop? Windows 7? Can it be done?

Ok, I just got a new laptop with a dedicated video card. So I'm trying to install games I couldn't play on my old laptop. I'm trying to get Perry Rhodan: Immortals of Terra to play and it's just not working.

When I try to start it, it just keeps telling me I need to run it as an administrator. Except I AM an administrator, and I set it to always run the game as administrator. I've tried running in compatibility mode for XP SP2 and XP SP3. I tried downloading the official patch and a no-cd crack.

Ok, after typing that I tried updating the copy protection driver, and now, instead of telling me I need to be an administrator, it opens a black window, which then promptly crashes and says "this program needed to close." This now happens no matter what, on both a DVD dependant exe file and a no-cd cracked exe file.

WTF? On my old laptop I had no problems opening the game, just the graphics didn't work right. Now I don't know what to do. Anyone had similar problems or got the game to work on a similar setup?